When you need windshield replacement, it can be expensive depending on where you go for repair or replacement. In some cases, these repairs and replacements cost as much as $500 while in other instances they will be significantly less. The average windscreen replacement costs will depend on a number of factors including the size, type, condition, and complexity of the windshield. The following are a few factors that can affect how much you pay for windshield replacement.
– Size and Type – Because different vehicles will have different dimensions when it comes to the width, height and length, these will also affect how much you are charged for a windshield replacement. The most common issue with replacing a vehicle’s windshield is that it doesn’t fit properly and is not long enough to protect the driver. When this happens, the vehicle is often damaged in an accident. If your vehicle’s windows are constantly being replaced on a regular basis, it’s time to take matters into your own hands and replace the old one with a new one.
– Type of Glass – One of the cheapest ways to replace the broken windshield is to get a brand new glass. However, if you already have a damaged one, and the damage is severe enough, you may have to consider getting a full windshield replacement. This will cover not only the glass replacement but also any repairs that will need to be done to your vehicle’s other structural parts. Getting a new windshield will help lower your premiums and give you more protection from injury in case you get into an accident with your car.
– Chipped Windshield – If you’ve got a small chip in your windshield, you can often have it replaced for a reasonable price through a chipped windshield replacement specialist. These specialists will use high pressure water to chip away at the chipped portion of the glass, leaving behind a smooth unbroken surface. This will allow you to have a new windshield that looks and feels like a brand new one. If you choose to go with this option, be sure that you get the services of a chipped windshield specialist who has experience in dealing with this type of damage.
– Windshield Repair – Sometimes, all you need is a small repair to make sure that you’re driving on the road again. If you have a large crack or chip in your windshield, however, you might need to look into replacing the entire piece instead of just repairing the damaged area. Whether you choose to go with a windshield replacement or a glass repair, a specialist can install a new windshield for you that will not only look great, but is also free of charge. If you decide that repairing the glass is not for you, a good glass company will be able to install one for you as well.
– Taking a Low Deductible Auto Insurance Policy – Although this method does not guarantee that you will have enough money to pay for a windshield replacement or repair, it does mean that you will be waiving the deductible which is normally applied when you take out an auto insurance policy. You can save by having the deductible paid for through the policy since you will not owe anything on the policy. This option is most helpful if you have a minor fender bender and do not expect to incur many more in repairs. However, if you take out an extremely large policy, you can save even more money by simply choosing a windshield replacement or repairing the damage yourself instead of settling for the higher deductible.